Halloween is just a few days away! We have several PAWsome posts from our Customer Service Associates and this one is no exception! So, let’s turn it over to Zoey’s Mom, Jaine for a PUPtastic Halloween Dog Treats Recipe!
Is it that time of year already!? We don’t want to forget about our furry kids as we get ready to hand out candy to the neighborhood ghouls and ghosts! Here is a super easy recipe to try out for Halloween Dog Treats. They are super simple, and would be fun to try with your family. Almost all of the ingredients will already be in your pantry at home, so no need to run to the grocery store. (Unless you need more candy, in which case, get going!)
While these Halloween dog treats are super easy and yummy, they are also good for dogs with diabetes or arthritis. In small amounts, cinnamon is beneficial for dogs with diabetes since it helps regulate blood sugar levels. It is also proven to help relieve pain for dogs suffering from cancer. Cinnamon is also great for blood circulation so pups with joint issues may want to go for another walk around the neighborhood this Halloween. Parsley can help scare away stinky breath and is also a frightfully yummy flavor for dogs (and humans). With all of these ingredients combined, this recipe is tasty for dogs who both do and do not have any medical issues. And I have to say, they smelled so good while I made them, I had to try one! They were delicious as far as Halloween Dog Treats go, but I still prefer Butterfingers!
Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, and Banana Halloween Dog Treats Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1¼ cup oats (can use oatmeal)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1¼ cup hot water
- 1 whole ripe banana mashed, can use applesauce instead
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mash the banana with water and peanut butter
- Combine the dry with the wet ingredients.
- Knead dough until smooth.
- Flatten out the dough with rolling pin.
- Use fun cookie cutter shapes to cut out your cookies!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour to let the flavors fully combine
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending if your dog likes soft (20 min) or crunchy treats (30 min).
- Let the Halloween dog treats cool before enjoying
Is baking not your thing? We have lots of ready made dog treats that your pups will be sure to enjoy! If you want to get your dog into the full Halloween spirit, be sure to check out this blog post before trying on costumes! And, make sure your pets are safe this fall by checking out this fall safety blog post!
I hope that your dogs enjoy these Halloween dog treats as much as mine did!